Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My first VOX BOX...Jolly Vox Box By Influenster!

There is just something so exciting about being given the opportunity to review products for a company...and even better when you are sent a small collection of items to review all at once!!!  Such is the case this month with my very first VOX BOX by Influenster!

So before I go any further...what does all this mean? vox box? Influenster?
Taken from their website... influenster.com

"WHAT IS INFLUENSTER

Influenster is a free-to-join community of trendsetters, social media masterminds, and educated consumers who live to give opinions of products and experiences...where members meet to learn about new products from our favorite brands as well as review the products they already use in their day-to-day lives!
Influenster invites its most active members to participate in exclusive VoxBox programs where members receive complimentary products to test and review. In exchange, we ask our members to do what they already love to do: share their opinions with their friends & followers on social media!"

I will add that it is just my opinion (and a little bit of a pet peeve when I hear this perhaps) that this is NOT a website that you simply join with the sole purpose to "get free stuff."  Sure, I was given a box of complimentary goodies to review, and you can too, but I did it in exchange for my time, and talents in being an 'educated consumer' who is willing to honestly review the items upon receiving them and then share them with my social networking friends.  I like to think of this more like a bartering system!  lol  Back to my review...

So after a couple months of dabbling on the website and finding my way around while completing surveys and interest badges, I received a preliminary email asking me about my interest in a vox box.  (A fancy name that simply describes the sample boxes sent out by Influenster) I hate to admit it but I was super excited that I was picked so soon for consideration- and even more excited when I found I actually made the cut and was getting a box!  Super geek mode I know...but I immediately texted my boyfriend, updated my Face Book status message AND posted here on my blog!  lol

So the big day arrived and I went to my mail box and found this lovely PINK BOX!

I was super excited to open the box as I had no idea what would be inside- except of course from the questions I was asked in my screening there were several regarding chocolates, so I suspected candy of some sort lol.  It's important to note that all items were provided free by Influenster for review but the opinions and comments are my own. #INFLUENSTER #JollyVoxBox
 
Here is what it contained...

(I actually received SIX of the Skinny Cow candies- but the box was crushed and didn't look pretty in the photo)

I have to say I was rather impressed at the selection and simply couldn't wait to try them out since all of them were new to me!

This is NYC's New York Color HD Color trio eye shadow in 781 LONG BEACH SANDS. (retail price is $2.99)  I currently use this to create a more natural everyday smokey eye look, but it could easily be built up for a more dramatic look as well.   I am still quite a newbie when it comes to makeup, and I am uncertain of all the 'technical' stuff when it says things like HD shadow?  What I can tell you is that the colors are pretty and in my opinion very usable.  I first swatched them using my finger tip and they were super easy to pick up, and felt very silky to the touch.  It is hard to tell from my photo but they have labeled the recommended highlighter, all over lid and crease colors which is a nice touch.  The applicator that is included is small, and I will opt to use my brushes instead, but other than that I look forward to including this palette in my collection.

Next up is a stinkin' cute MINI DUCT TAPE! $2-3    Ducklings Mini Rolls have an adorable print and performs just like the full size duct tape but in a more compact size and with cute prints!!! I received one with a tropical flower motif but there is a large selection of prints to choose from and I must get me some more of these! I send out a lot of snail mail where I reuse other packaging and have to reseal them---this is going to be perfect to seal the packages securely AND have them looking pretty at the same time!  Don't let it's small size fool you...there is a lot of product on this compact roll.

  Rimmel London's NEW Show Off Lip Lacquer in the color #101 Celestial. (available in 14 shades)
I actually like this lip lacquer and think it would best be described...if your favorite rich and creamy lipstick got together with a moisturizing lip gloss---this would be their love child! The color is rich, and it goes on smoothly with a doe foot applicator. It is NOT STICKY! but similar to many lip glosses it doesn't have the staying power of a lip stain or a long wearing lip stick. I intend to use this for my casual days alone or to add a bit of shine over top of my favorite lipstick. I love the see through packaging and found that the color in the tube is very true to the color I tried- super handy if you want to pick up more colors!!! My only complaint is that it is not long wearing (although it doesn't claim to be) and if you are eating or drinking you will need to reapply more. Retails for $5.49-$5.99 but you know me...look for sales and coupons to score this at an even better deal!


And here is the long awaited candy....Skinny Cow's Divine Filled Chocolates in PEANUT BUTTER CREME! Each package contains 3 squares filled with a creamy peanut butter in milk chocolate. At 130 calories for all 3 squares this is a nice 'once in a while' treat for even those of us watching what we are eating.  Of all the items in the box this was the one that was most widely shared with friends!  Everyone enjoyed them and was trying them for the first time...and all but one person said they would buy them again.  (he was visiting from Denmark and enjoyed the sample, but prefers a more sophisticated, less sugary tasting treat.)  We liked these so much and also tried the milk chocolate and dark chocolate clusters (purchased on our own)...can't wait to try the rest of the line up now!

finally the last item was the Puff's Ultra soft & strong to go Tissue Pack.   A convenient package of strong and gentle tissue that was actually soothing on my nose!  There seemed to be a slight scent to these but nothing offensive.  In our testing we did find that it performed well when used as a tissue and loved that it protected our hands from any leaking and wetness!  :)  It also doubled as a make up wipe with a creme on it and surprisingly there was no tearing.   An allergy season and winter months must have!

So there you have the #JOLLYVOXBOX by Influenster.  If you would like to know more there is a link to Influenster in the top right hand corner of my page.  



No comments:

Post a Comment