Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Homemade hand cream

Having access to the internet, and sharing ideas means that we really do get the best of the best!  A while ago I came across this post on Pinterest and pinned it to my wall.  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/74942781268929191/



I actually sought out the original hand cream recipe as I was working on some sewing projects and it just seemed like the fabric was wicking the moisture out of my hands.  The original recipe called for Baby lotion, vitamin E cream, and Vaseline which I bought just to make my original batch.  Although I liked it very much.  I went on to make a second batch and decided to use up some of our hotel samples and little tid bits and thought it was even better. 

I kept the jumbo batch beside my bed since the original batch and I have been putting it on my feet and elbows every night religiously.  For one reason or another though I often buy hand creams and only use 2/3 of them before I switch to another scent/brand.  Since I had several lotions in my project use it up, today I thought I would use the IDEA of the recipe, and combine all the little bits of lotion that I have lying around, with those in my project use it up, use up the last of the Vaseline (not wanting to buy any more petroleum based items after this), and spice it all up by adding in a little of the good stuff- some vitamin E oil, coconut oil, and some avocado oil!  What resulted was a nice thick lotion that smelled good, and is actually going to be used up!!!  It is really nice to re purpose some of the small containers and keep a sample of this at my desk, in the car, and one in my purse.  Waste not, want not!

No comments:

Post a Comment