Friday, November 15, 2013

My OCTOBER 2013 BIRCHBOX Feedback and Review

I got my very first monthly subscription box in October and boy was I super excited!!!    I had tried to sigh up for Ipsy but was put on a wait list...soooo I found Birchbox!  (for those of you who aren't familiar with it, Birchbox is a monthly subscription service where they deliver to your home a box of 4-5 items that range from healthy and beauty- lifestyle products)  My box came and I could hardly wait to tear into it!   This month's theme was Beauty Buzz...



I received FIVE products.  The Bain deTerre (macadamia oil) nourishing shampoo AND conditioner were each 1.7 fl ounces.  That is a great sample size if you ask me, and even with my long, thick hair I was able to get 3 applications from each.  While I don't like paying a lot for shampoo and conditioner, this stuff worked really well, felt good, didn't cause any itching or problems with my skin and it made my hair super soft and shiny for a couple days---enough so that I am considering order the full size!!!  Seriously I could hardly stop running my fingers through it!  I rated each 5/5 stars.  Cost for shampoo $1.51 and conditioner $1.70



Third on the list was a full sized Pop Beauty's Aqua lacquer- or in lay mans terms...lip gloss lol.  I received the color Floating Rose "a soft pink infused with gold shimmer."  It had an odd little paddle applicator that takes some getting used to but I really liked it.  It was a little on the sticky side for me so only 4/5 stars.  Cost $14.00






My fourth product was a full sized nail polish that is a Birchbox exclusive.  Ruffian Nail Laquer in a green color called Hedge Fund!  How cute is that?  I had just painted my nails but within 24 hours I had to give it a try.  Hands down (puny eh?) it is the best formula of nail polish I have ever tried!!!  At only 0.17 fl ounces it is much small bottle than I am used to, but it makes up for it in performance!  Another 5/5 stars.  Cost $10.00





and finally my first "Birchbox find."  This fifth item was another full sized item and one I will certainly put to good use.  It was the Chap Stick Vanilla creme moisture hydration lock with CoQ10  Since I do a lot of couponing I was super excited to also find a $1.00/1 coupon for this product for the next sale I see.  Cost was about $3.00

 

So if I were to buy my samples they would have cost me $30.21 !!!  Not bad for just $10.00/month eh?!  So is a beauty box right for you?  In my opinion you can't really put a dollar amount on the joy you get from getting a little present in your mail, even if you sent it to yourself.  Unlike most other people I don't think most hold value (although maybe not exactly in dollar and cents) in the fact that I was able to reuse the pretty tissue paper in my present wrapping supplies and the sturdy box is perfect for sorting my nail art supplies in the drawer .....so nothing went to waste!   This package really had me eager to receive it, and I was able to pamper myself in a few baths and still have some products that will last a while.  To me it was very worth the $10.00 I spent on it.

My conclusion is that I really enjoy this subscription and although I originally thought that I would only get it while I waited to get off the Ipsy wait list...I have since received my second box and can't see ending my subscription to Birchbox any time soon!

If you would like to sign up, and help me earn some points towards fun products please use my referral code (it is the same as if you go to the website directly, doesn't cost you any more but just gives me a little perk for sharing this information with you.  THANKS)    http://birch.ly/19Kh6mz

2 comments: