Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My review of the COPPERTONE® CLEARLYSheer™ sunscreens from BzzAgent

COPPERTONE® CLEARLYSheer sunscreens 

Since I have been using the  COPPERTONE® CLEARLYSheer sunscreens   as part of my daily routine, I have to admit that I have been more than impressed with them!  Now before I go any further, I will say right here that I am one of those people who doesn't "live in the sun" and do activities like sunbathing. but  I DO however, enjoy  outings to the beach or springs and understand that we really should protect our skin from sun damage everyday, year round when performing regular activities outside like walking the dog, hanging out the laundry, etc.  







After I was notified that I would be getting these items, I went to the official Coppertone webpage to check them out.  I guess  I was so excited to get to participate in this BzzAgent camgaign that  I inadvertently made a mistake, when I read that they were  *for face* and suitable for wearing UNDER your makeup!!!  I didn't realize that this was a complete line of sunscreens and one of them was specifically designed for use on your face.  If you are looking for this item they do make it and  it is called Coppertone ClearlySheer Sunny days Face Lotion.  When mine package arrived I received the  COPPERTONE® CLEARLYSheer sunscreen lotion (for body!) and immediately began using it on my face in the morning before I applied my makeup.  I gave it a few minutes to 'soak in' and then applied my make like I normally would.  Throughout the day I noticed no difference in my makeup!  (it didn't slip, or sweat)  I also applied it on exposed skin like I would normally do with other sunscreens.  This particular one is said to be a body lotion that has a "lightweight formula feel clean and light leaving barely a trace on the skin."  If this one that was not really designed to work under makeup, worked for me as well as it did, I can only imagine how good the one designed for your face will be!

The four specific claims that the suncreen I tried had on the front of the bottle are as follows.  It won't cause breakouts, helps leave the skin soft, is fast absorbing, and feels clean and light.  

It won't cause breakouts....I've been lucky and have pretty normal skin with no real issues.  Since this line was clinically tested on acne prone skin I gave one of the sprays and a lotion to my daughter who does struggle with acne breakouts.  She often has issues with products but did in fact like this one and it didn't cause her to break out!  (YAY) 

Helps leave the skin soft....a few times I have experimented with this product and skipped applying my regular body lotion after my shower and just added this sunscreen lotion.  I didn't notice any difference either way,once it 'soaked in.'

Is fast absorbing.....and feels clean and light........I had to group these two together because I think they go hand in hand.  I can not stand a sun screen that goes on heavy and feels really greasy!  This really is a light formula and just moments after you have put it on you will forget it is even there!  I have only been buying the sprays for years now, but this is one brand that the lotion is really holding up to it's claims of being light and fast absorbing.

Some other things that I think it are also worth noting....

* this is a broad spectrum SPF (protects you from both UVA and UVB rays)
* the scent is light and won't leave you smelling like typical sunscreens so you can apply it and go out to dinner etc, right away
* it is water resistant for up to 80 minutes!
* and it comes in two types .... the Sunny Days line that I reviewed, but also the Beach & Pool line!
* there are both sprays and lotions and 
* you can select from different SPF's  (15, 30, and 50)

AT THE TIME I AM WRITING THIS REVIEW YOU CAN ALSO PRINT OFF COUPONS FROM THE COPPERTONE WEBSITE FOR THIS LINE!


If you are interested in this new product line, please check out the Coppertone displays at your local retailers (I was able to locate them everywhere locally from mass retailers to grocery stores) or you can purchase them directly from Coppertone on their website!

A few thoughts about the SPF

I received products with an SPF of 30 and I admit that I was under the impression that that was just an "okay" level of protection.  I was doing my research and went to WebMD and found information that taught me that SPF 30 is what is actually 'recommended'  when you are using it everyday and applying it throughout the day!    Better still, I learned the following.  

"The SPF rating is a measure of the time it would take you to sunburn if you were not wearing sunscreen as opposed to the time it would take with sunscreen on.
"SPF is not a consumer-friendly number," says Florida dermatologist James M. Spencer, MD. "It is logical for someone to think that an SPF of 30 is twice as good as an SPF of 15 and so on. But that is not how it works."
According to Spencer, an SPF 15 product blocks about 94% of UVB rays; an SPF 30 product blocks 97% of UVB rays; and an SPF 45 product blocks about 98% of rays.
"After that, it just gets silly," he says."  http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/high-spf-sunscreens-are-they-better

Although BzzAgent and Coppertone have provided me with these samples for free, all opinions and reviews are strictly my own and I have received no other compensation for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment